Cochrane Softball welcomes your interest in coaching. To be a coach you will need to:
- Fill out an application. Log into the RAMP system (https://www.rampregistrations.com/login?v3=da6ba2fff7). On the menu to the left you will see a tab called Registration. Follow the prompts to add yourself as a coach.
- Have a current RCMP check with Vulnerable Sector Act (within the last three years). If you need an update, please request a letter from CMB admin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the online course Foundations of Coaching Softball Part 1 https://softball.ca/news/foundations-of-coaching-softball.htm This will give you a NCCP number that needs to be entered in your Ramp Coach Profile (see above application link)
- Certification in Respect in Sport Activity Leader/Coach/Officials (can be transferred from other sports, you must enter your certificate number into you RAMP Coach Profile). See http://www.cochraneminorball.ca/content/respect-in-sport
Coaches must have a minimum Level I, Community On-Going Sport Softball NCCP complete with their MED (Make Ethical Decisions) in order to participate in Softball Alberta Provincials.
More info and other resources on the Calgary Minor Softball Association website - http://calgaryminorsoftball.com click on 'coaches managers admin'.
**NEW** Downloadable coaches guides from Softball Canada
- Practice and season plans for U13/15/17
Upcoming NCCP Clinics
Clinics can be found at https://www.softballalberta.ca/coaches/communitysoftball/. Cochrane Minor Ball will pay for these clinics for softball coaches.
2024 Category Meetings
One coach from the team MUST attend (season play, etc will be discussed)
High School Coaches